Subject: generic 802.11 stack

From: Vladimir Kondratiev <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:30:42 +0200

Attached is 1-st iteration for generic 802.11 stack framework.

Based on code from Dave.

I make it compile for 2.6 and wrote simple skeleton for native 802.11 driver. 

This skeleton is able to simulate Rx using ioctl; perl script to invoke ioctl 
included. Argument for script is binary frame image.

I removed all code for 802.11 header removal from p80211_type_trans for 
several reasons:
- I'd like to have all frames coming to stack with the same 802.11 header, 
this will help for sniffer
- header removal for data is a bit more complex: we should determine QoS 
header and strip 24 or 26 bytes.
- I'd like to do fragmentation and reassembly on stack, not in driver.

Nothing functional yet, but one can start debugging stack using Rx imitation; 
and driver do print packets it gets to Tx.

P.S. question:
I saw in all xxx_type_trans functions, skb->dev never assigned, it is done by 
driver instead. What is the reason? Why not assign skb->dev in 
xxx_type_trans?