Subject: Re: [PATCH] (1/3) tcp - choose congestion algorithm at initialization

From: "Angelo Dell'Aera" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 14:42:32 +0200

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:16:10 -0700
"David S. Miller" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> The choice of congestion algorithm needs to be made when connection
>> is setup to avoid problems when the sysctl values change later and the
>> necessary data hasn't been collected.

>Looks great, applied.

I completely agree with you. Really a cool work. Just a proposal now. If 
the choice is made when the connection is established we do not need a 
struct for every supported congestion control algorithm in the struct 
tcp_opt any more. We could use for example a generic void * and then refer 
it properly after Stephen's controls such as tcp_is_vegas(), tcp_is_bic(),
etc. This should slim the struct tcp_opt because if a connection is using
Westwood its tcpbic and vegas structs will never be used. Moreover, I think
it would make the code more readable. 

Regards.

- --

Angelo Dell'Aera 'buffer' 
Antifork Research, Inc.	  	http://buffer.antifork.org
Metro Olografix

PGP information in e-mail header