Subject: Re: [patch 2.6.9 9/11] r8169: Add MODULE_VERSION

From: "John W. Linville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:59:38 -0400

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 04:34:45PM -0400, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
> 
> This makes warning error about :
> 
> Warning: could not find versions for .tmp_versions/r8169.mod
> 
> Do I have to enable something in .config (like CONFIG_MODVERSIONS)?
> If so, how does one make this transparent, to get rid of the
> warning if CONFIG_MODVERSIONS is not set?

Odd...I don't get any such warning, with or without
CONFIG_MODVERSIONS...

MODULE_VERSION is used elsewhere -- do you get that warning
from any other modules?  Was this from a clean build?

Send me your .config, and I'll look into it.

Thanks,

John
-- 
John W. Linville
[email-masked]