Subject: 2.6.9-mm1: pc_debug multiple definitions

From: Adrian Bunk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:39:29 +0200

The following compile error comes from Linus' tree:

<--  snip  -->

...
  LD      drivers/built-in.o
drivers/pcmcia/built-in.o(.bss+0xf20): multiple definition of `pc_debug'
drivers/net/built-in.o(.data+0x24ae0): first defined here
make[1]: *** [drivers/built-in.o] Error 1

<--  snip  -->

The pc_debug in drivers/pcmcia/ds.c was made non-static in Linus' tree,
but the global definition of a global variable with such a generic name 
in drivers/net/wireless/prism54/islpci_mgt.c seems to be equally wrong.

cu
Adrian

-- 

       "Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
        of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed