Subject: Re: 2.6.9 tcp problems

From: Willy Tarreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 07:43:38 +0100

It is possible that the autoneg code has changed between 2.4 and 2.6
for the interface connected to the current firewall, and that you lose
packets because of a duplex mismatch. Please check the negociation
with ethtool on your system, and do so on the other firewall.

Regards,
willy

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 01:03:34PM -0500, kernel wrote:
> I've run into a problem with 2.6.(8.1,9) after installing a secondary 
> firewall. When I try to pull data through the original firewall (mail, 
> http, ssh), it stops after approx. 260k. Running ethereal tells me "A 
> segment before the frame was lost" followed by a bunch of  "This is a 
> TCP duplicate ack" when using ssh. All 2.4.x machines and windows 
> clients work fine. I built 2.4.28 and it works fine from my machine. I 
> also fiddled with tcp_ecn and that didn't fix it either. I don't have 
> any problems communicating to "local" machines. I've attached the 
> tcpdump output from an scp attempt. NIC is a 3Com Corporation 3c905B.
> 
> Thanks !
> walt
>