Subject: Re: [PATCH]: was Re: LLTX and netif_stop_queue

From: Andi Kleen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 04:14:23 +0100

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 04:46:40PM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:
> Ok, here is what something like this might look like.
> 
> In summary:
> 
> 1) dev->xmit_lock is now IRQ disabling instead of BH disabling
> 2) Drivers can use dev->xmit_lock in place of their private
>    driver_priv->tx_lock and this is effectively the same gain
>    LLTX gave drivers sans the race condition which started this
>    thread.
> 3) NETDEV_TX_LOCKED is gone
> 4) LLTX stays, but this means that the driver's TX routine is
>    %100 lockless.  It is only to be used by loopback and other
>    queueless software devices such as tunnels.

Looks good to me and much cleaner than what I initially did.
Thanks.

-Andi