Subject: Re: 2.4.29, e100 and a WOL packet causes keventd going mad

From: David Härdeman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:29:42 +0100

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 01:24:31PM -0200, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
>On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 08:23:47PM -0800, Bukie Mabayoje wrote:
>> Scott Feldman wrote:
>>> David, would you give this patch a try?  Make sure the system still
>>> wakes from a magic packet if suspended or shut down, and doesn't cause
>>> kacpid to go crazy if system is running.  If it helps for 2.6, perhaps
>>> someone can look into 2.4 to see if there is something similar going on
>> 
>> This issue was reported on 2.4.
>
>Can any of you guys test v2.6, please?
>

I tried the second patch provided by Scott on a 2.6.10 kernel, I did 
some minor tweaks to get it to apply (changed pci_choose_state() and 
PCI_D0 back to the way they were in 2.6.10) and tested the results five 
minutes ago.

It works great, I havent tried suspending the machine cause I have no 
need for that functionality. I have however started the machine via WOL 
(works), sent WOL-packet to the machine when powered on (nothing 
happends - kacpid doesn't go wild, works), shutdown (works without the 
machine spontaneously rebooting). 

So everything seems to be fixed by the patch (save for suspending which 
I didn't test).

Thanks alot, I hope the patch will be in the next stable 2.6 kernel.

Regards,
David