Subject: Re: [BK PATCHES] 2.6.x net driver oops fixes

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:31:12 -0800

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 12:25:48PM -0800, Chris Wright wrote:
> * Jeff Garzik ([email-masked]) wrote:
> 
> > This will update the following files:
> > 
> >  drivers/net/sis900.c    |   41 +++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
> >  drivers/net/via-rhine.c |    3 +++
> 
> The via-rhine fix is already in the stable queue.  But the sis900 oops
> fix does not apply to the stable tree.  It relies on a few intermediate
> patches.  Appears to still be an issue for the older version which is in
> 2.6.11.  Here's a stab at a backport.  Would you like to review/validate
> or drop this one?

The pci_name() portion of this patch is not necessary for the -stable
tree.  Care to remove it?

thanks,

greg k-h