Subject: Re: [PATCH] improvement on net/sched/cls_fw.c's hash function

From: Wang Jian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 21:29:50 +0800

Hi Thomas Graf,

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:52:37 +0200, Thomas Graf <[email-masked]> wrote:

> 
> > When linux's QoS control capability is widely used, such web interface
> > sooner or later comes into being.
> 
> That might be true but I will never ack on something that makes zero
> collision use of cls_fw impossible. I'm all for improving this but
> not at the cost of reduced performance for the most obvious use case
> of cls_fw.

Agree.

> 
> > Your suggestion is very considerable. But that needs some more work. And,
> > isn't that some bloated?
> 
> The shift + bitmask might be bloated and can be deferred a bit until
> someone comes up with this need. I can cook up a patch for this
> if you want, it's not much work.

I am glad that you are willing to help to hook them up. I really need
the new hashing way.

-- 
  lark