Subject: Re: 2.6.13-rc4-mm1: iptables DROP crashes the computer

From: Adrian Bunk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 19:23:33 +0200

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 07:12:00PM +0200, Espen Fjellvær Olsen wrote:

> After execing "iptables -A INPUT -j DROP" my computer crashes hard. It
> dosent hang immediately, but after a couple of seconds.
> The machine is an amd64, running a clean x86_64 environment.
> uname -a: Linux gentoo 2.6.13-rc4-mm1 #1 PREEMPT Thu Aug 4 01:01:44
> CEST 2005 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3400+ AuthenticAMD
>...

Is this reproducible or did it happen only once?

Are there any messages that might give a hint where to search for the 
problem?

You are reporting this against 2.6.13-rc4-mm1, but are attaching a 
.config of 2.6.13-rc5-mm1. Which kernels are affected, and which are 
not?

Does it still happen if you compile your kernel with preemption 
disabled?

Please send the output of ./scripts/ver_linux .

> Mvh / Best regards
> Espen Fjellvær Olsen

cu
Adrian

-- 

       "Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
        of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed