Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/10]: Netfilter IPsec support

From: "Gerd v. Egidy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:13:32 +0100

Hi,

> This is the latest set patches for netfilter IPsec support.
> The use of netif_rx for the innermost SA if it used transport
> mode has been replaced by explicit NF_HOOK calls in
> xfrm{4,6}_input.c.

Could you please describe the solution you implemented a bit more? There was 
just so many back and forth that I'm confused now.

If I use it with iptables, do the transport mode packets go through INPUT and 
OUTPUT twice, decrypted and encrypted?

If I use it with iptables, do the tunnel mode packets go through FORWARD or 
INPUT and OUTPUT twice, decrypted and encrypted?

Can I do NAT in tunnel and transport mode?

what about the policy match patches, why are they only posted "for 
completeness" and as 11/12 of 10? Aren't they ready yet?

Thanks for enlightment.

Kind regards,

Gerd