Subject: 2.6.15-rc7: known regressions

From: Adrian Bunk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 17:46:36 +0100

This email lists some known regressions in 2.6.15-rc7 compared to 2.6.14.

If you find your name in the Cc header, you are either submitter of one 
of the bugs, maintainer of an affectected subsystem or driver, a patch 
of you was declared guilty for a breakage or in any other way involved 
with one or more of these issues.

Subject    : cpuset_excl_nodes_overlap() may sleep under tasklist_lock
References : http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/12/28/63
Submitter  : Kirill Korotaev <[email-masked]>
Status     : unknown

Subject    : /sys/class/net/<device name>/wireless directory is gone
References : http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5800
             http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-netdev&m=113619905529636&w=2
Submitter  : Ismail Donmez <[email-masked]>
Handled-By : Andrey Borzenkov <[email-masked]>
Status     : patch available

Subject    : USB handoff, irq 193: nobody cared!
References : http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/11/14/274
Submitter  : Michael Madore <[email-masked]>
Status     : unknown, caused by a patch by David Brownell

Subject    : BUG: spinlock recursion on 2.6.14-mm2 when oprofiling
References : http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/11/18/95
Submitter  : Wu Fengguang <[email-masked]>
Handled-By : "Paul E. McKenney" <[email-masked]>
Status     : unknown, reported against -mm, already fixed in -mm
             (make-rcu-task_struct-safe-for-oprofile.patch)
             Is this bug present in Linus' tree?

Subject    : oops in kernel 2.6.15-rc{6,7}
References : http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/12/28/75
             http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/12/30/119
Submitter  : Mathias Klein <[email-masked]>
Status     : unknown

Subject    : No sound with snd_intel8x0 & ALi M5455 chipset
             (kobject_register failed)
References : http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5760
Submitter  : Christian Casteyde <[email-masked]>
Status     : submitter was asked to do a binary search for
             the guilty patch

Subject    : No sound from CX23880 tuner w. 2.6.15-rc5
References : http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/12/12/190
             http://www.spinics.net/lists/vfl/msg22791.html
Submitter  : "P. Christeas" <[email-masked]>
Handled-By : Mauro Carvalho Chehab <[email-masked]>
             Torsten Seeboth <[email-masked]>
Status     : regression in cx88-tvaudio.c, no patch known

Subject    : x86_64: PANIC: early exception
References : http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5758
Status     : Andi considers his patch too risky for 2.6.15,
             workaround available, should be noted in the
             final 2.6.15 announcement

cu
Adrian

-- 

       "Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
        of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed