Subject: Re: Transmit timeout with E1000

From: Rogier Wolff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:56:28 +0100

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 02:43:49PM +0100, Erik Mouw wrote:
> The system only recovers after the Netdev watchdog found out that the
> transmit timed out. However, the e1000 register dump starts about 4 to
> 5 seconds earlier: a possible workaround would be to trigger the
> timeout code path as soon as the register dump starts.

Found a typo. 

	Roger. 

--- e1000_main.c.orig	2006-01-11 14:53:23.000000000 +0100
+++ e1000_main.c	2006-01-11 14:53:38.000000000 +0100
@@ -3449,7 +3449,7 @@
 	}
 
 	for (i = 0; i < E1000_MAX_INTR; i++)
-		if (unlikely(!adapter->clean_rx(adapter, adapter->rx_ring) &
+		if (unlikely(!adapter->clean_rx(adapter, adapter->rx_ring) &&
 		   !e1000_clean_tx_irq(adapter, adapter->tx_ring)))
 			break;

-- 
** [email-masked] ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
*-- BitWizard writes Linux device drivers for any device you may have! --*
Q: It doesn't work. A: Look buddy, doesn't work is an ambiguous statement. 
Does it sit on the couch all day? Is it unemployed? Please be specific! 
Define 'it' and what it isn't doing. --------- Adapted from lxrbot FAQ

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7637&alloc_id=16865&op=click