Subject: Re: [2.6.15] running tcpdump on 3c905b causes freeze (reproducable)

From: Folkert van Heusden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 14:24:14 +0100

Hi,

> > > > > Have you tried enabling the NMI watchdog?  Enable CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC and
> > > > > boot with `nmi_watchdog=1' on the command line, make sure that the NMI line
> > > > > of /proc/interrupts is incrementing.
> > > > I'll give it a try. I've added it to the append-line in the lilo config.
> > > > Am now compiling the kernel.
> > > No change. Well, that is: the last message on the console now is
> > > "setting eth1 to promiscues mode".
> > Did you confirm that the NMI counters in /proc/interrupts are incrementing?
> Yes:
> root@muur:/home/folkert# for i in `seq 1 5` ; do cat /proc/interrupts  | grep NMI ; sleep 1 ; done
> NMI:    6949080    6949067
> NMI:    6949182    6949169
> NMI:    6949284    6949271
> NMI:    6949386    6949373
> NMI:    6949488    6949475

Is there anything else I can try?

Folkert van Heusden

-- 
Try MultiTail! Multiple windows with logfiles, filtered with regular
expressions, colored output, etc. etc. www.vanheusden.com/multitail/
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Get your PGP/GPG key signed at www.biglumber.com!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: +31-6-41278122, PGP-key: 1F28D8AE, www.vanheusden.com