Subject: [RFC: 2.6 patch] CONFIG_FORCEDETH updates

From: Adrian Bunk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:52:02 +0100

This patch contains the following possible updates:
- let FORCEDETH no longer depend on EXPERIMENTAL
- remove the "Reverse Engineered" from the option text:
  for the user it's important which hardware the driver supports, not
  how it was developed

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <[email-masked]>

--- linux-2.6.16-rc2-mm1-full/drivers/net/Kconfig.old	2006-02-12 02:23:31.000000000 +0100
+++ linux-2.6.16-rc2-mm1-full/drivers/net/Kconfig	2006-02-12 02:24:04.000000000 +0100
@@ -1370,10 +1370,10 @@
 	  <file:Documentation/networking/net-modules.txt>.  The module will be
 	  called b44.
 
 config FORCEDETH
-	tristate "Reverse Engineered nForce Ethernet support (EXPERIMENTAL)"
-	depends on NET_PCI && PCI && EXPERIMENTAL
+	tristate "nForce Ethernet support"
+	depends on NET_PCI && PCI
 	help
 	  If you have a network (Ethernet) controller of this type, say Y and
 	  read the Ethernet-HOWTO, available from
 	  <http://www.tldp.org/docs.html#howto>.