Subject: Re: 2.6.16, sk98lin out of date

From: Willy Tarreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:34:34 +0100

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 02:03:14PM -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 12:06 +0100, Mws wrote:
> > hi,
> > as i do have the same problem i may help you out.
> > 
> > at first, syskonnect did send their kernel diffs/patches but they
> > we're rejected caused
> > by coding style, indention and some people thinking that things can be
> > done better. 
> 
> Haha, they didn't like the LKML code review so they just stopped sending
> patches?  Classic.  Remind me not to buy their gear.

Lee, it's not always that simple. When you submit one driver, sometimes
reviewers tell you that for whatever reason your driver's structure is
wrong and it has to be changed a lot (and sometimes they're right of
course). But when you don't have enough ressource to do the job twice,
the best you can do is to maintain it out of tree, which is already a
pain. I'm not saying that it is what happened with their driver, I don't
know the history. However, I found your reaction somewhat hasty. I
personally would prefer to offer time and help before deciding that
I don't want anyone's products on this basis. It's not as if they
did not release their driver's source !

Cheers,
Willy