Subject: Re: [PATCH] Revert sky2 to 0.13a

From: Wolfgang Hoffmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 19:13:36 +0100

On Sunday 26 February 2006 16:00, Ian Kumlien wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 09:57 +0100, Wolfgang Hoffmann wrote:
> > Stephen, if you want me (as suggested off-list) to bisect the individual
> > patches leading from 0.13a to current head, please give me a series of
> > patches to incrementally apply, eighter via mail/ftp/git, and I'll test.
> > I don't want to hack the patches together myself, because results would
> > be worthless if I screw up, and given that I have no networking
> > background chances are high ...
>
> There is a git bisect for that, and a link for it somewhere =)

Ok, I did some reading and just started a git bisect. I didn't find hints on 
how to bisect if I'm only interested in changes to sky2.[ch], so I'm taking 
the full kernel tree and skip testing those bisect steps that didn't change 
sky2.[ch].

Looking at Carl-Danies 0.13a and Stephens patch against 0.15 in this thread, 
I'll patch each bisect step such that sky2_poll() has

       sky2_write32(hw, STAT_CTRL, SC_STAT_CLR_IRQ);
       if (sky2_read8(hw, STAT_LEV_TIMER_CTRL) == TIM_START) {
               sky2_write8(hw, STAT_LEV_TIMER_CTRL, TIM_STOP);
               sky2_write8(hw, STAT_LEV_TIMER_CTRL, TIM_START);
        }

after exit_loop. Is that ok?

I'll report as soon as I have results.