Subject: Re: [e1000 debug] KERNEL: assertion (!sk_forward_alloc) failed...

From: Andi Kleen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:15:27 +0200

On Friday 31 March 2006 14:07, Boris B. Zhmurov wrote:

> David, Herbert - FYI. One of my colleague confirmed, that idea "bug
> reproducible only if there is more then one e1000 adapter onboard" is
> true. He has a 3 servers with double intel pro 1000 adapters, and that
> bug occurs. Also, he has 4 servers with double intel pro 1000 adapters
> onboard, but _only one_ of them is up. And there is no such messages in
> dmesg at all! Inetresting...

At least all our systems with troubles seem to have more than one e1000
though. Usually only one is active though.

We're still not 100% it is actually the E1000, it is a bit hard to reproduce 
the memory corruption :/

-Andi

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language
that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast
and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=110944&bid=241720&dat=121642