Subject: [PATCH 06/10] e1000: Dead variable cleanup

From: "Kok, Auke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:37:00 -0700

Removal of unused rx_dropped counter.

Removed reference to E1000_CTRL_EXT_CANC which is no longer valid,
replaced with E1000_CTRL_EXT_INT_TIMER_CLR

Signed-off-by: Jesse Brandeburg <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Auke Kok <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: John Ronciak <[email-masked]>
---

 drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c |    3 +--
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c b/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c
index 7ba1b16..6d7ba0b 100644
--- a/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c
+++ b/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c
@@ -1715,7 +1715,7 @@ e1000_configure_rx(struct e1000_adapter 
 	if (hw->mac_type >= e1000_82571) {
 		ctrl_ext = E1000_READ_REG(hw, CTRL_EXT);
 		/* Reset delay timers after every interrupt */
-		ctrl_ext |= E1000_CTRL_EXT_CANC;
+		ctrl_ext |= E1000_CTRL_EXT_INT_TIMER_CLR;
 #ifdef CONFIG_E1000_NAPI
 		/* Auto-Mask interrupts upon ICR read. */
 		ctrl_ext |= E1000_CTRL_EXT_IAME;
@@ -3165,7 +3165,6 @@ e1000_update_stats(struct e1000_adapter 
 		adapter->stats.crcerrs + adapter->stats.algnerrc +
 		adapter->stats.ruc + adapter->stats.roc +
 		adapter->stats.cexterr;
-	adapter->net_stats.rx_dropped = 0;
 	adapter->net_stats.rx_length_errors = adapter->stats.ruc +
 	                                      adapter->stats.roc;
 	adapter->net_stats.rx_crc_errors = adapter->stats.crcerrs;

--
Auke Kok <[email-masked]>
Intel Pro Ethernet Driver Group
LAN Access Division / Digital Enterprise Group