Subject: Re: [NFS] [RFC: 2.6 patch] net/sunrpc/: possible cleanups

From: Adrian Bunk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 23:32:15 +0200

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 07:13:14AM -0700, Lever, Charles wrote:

> actually, can we hold off on this change?  the RPC transport switch will
> eventually need most of those EXPORT_SYMBOLs.
>...
> > This patch was already sent on:
> > - 30 May 2005
> > - 7 May 2005
>...

One year has passed since I sent this patch the first time, and with the 
exception that it needs re-diff'ing it still applies.

Charles, are the changes you are talking about that might need them 
available in the very near future?

If not, I'd suggest to remove them and re-add them when code using them 
will be included in the kernel (reverting parts or all of my patch 
should be trivial).

This way, they'll not continue to uselessly making the kernel image 
larger.

cu
Adrian

-- 

       "Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
        of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed