Subject: Re: Fw: Bug: PPP dropouts in >=2.6.16

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:56:37 -0700

"Jesse Brandeburg" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On 4/21/06, Andrew Morton <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > We do seem to have had a few reports of ppp regressions around this
> > timeframe.
> 
> me too.  I couldn't use 2.6.16 at home on my pppoe connected router
> because it was so slow.  I didn't have time to debug.  I can probably
> try patches and provide more data too.  Tell me what is needed.

probably git-bisect, sorry.  It's the sort of thing you can do while
reading a good book ;)

> Is there a bugzilla on this?

I don't think so.  Bubgzilla records which I'm folowing which mention ppp
are:

http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5695
http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6197
http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6402

Perhaps the final one is related.