Subject: latest -stable breaks Squid

From: Dave Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 17:19:15 -0400

So I pushed out an update for Fedora Core 5 users yesterday
that moved the kernel from 2.6.16.9 to 2.6.16.13.
I've since heard "My network performance is awful", and worse
yet, some apps seem broken as in the report below.

Anyone have any ideas ?

		Dave

-- 
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk

Subject: Kernel 2.6.16-1.2107_FC5 breaks Squid
From: "Andreas M. Kirchwitz" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 12:53:04 +0000 (UTC)
List-Id: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list.redhat.com>

Hi folks!

Just installed the new kernel 2.6.16-1.2107_FC5 (32-bit, i686),
and everything seems to work fine -- except Squid (not matter
if I use the one that ships with FC5 or my own).

No problem with small data objects (a few kilobytes).

   telnet localhost 3128
   GET http://www.kirchwitz.de/test.html HTTP/1.0

Large data objects won't work. According to ethereal, the data
is loaded successfully. And I also find the complete objects
in /var/spool/squid, but the data is not output to the application:

   telnet localhost 3128
   GET http://www.heise.de/ HTTP/1.0

After a few kilobytes, the stream suddenly stops. Sometimes,
Squid doesn't do any output at all, although the object is in
the cache.

With the previous kernel 2.6.16-1.2096_FC5 all is well.

What has changed in the kernel that makes Squid break so hardly?
Maybe other applications are affected as well. Don't know yet.
The error with squid was simply very obvious. ;-)

	Greetings, Andreas

-- 
fedora-list mailing list
[email-masked]
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list