Subject: [RFC PATCH 0/2] Hardware button support for Wireless cards

From: Ivo van Doorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 17:15:54 +0200

Hi,

As discussed previously on this list hardware button support
for wireless cards and Bluetooth devices could use a seperate
generalized driver.

I have made a first attempt to do this with the suggestions from the
discussion. This means that in all cases the hardware will be requested
to enable or disable the radio (if this command needs to be issued from
software) and it will send a signal to the input device created for the button.

At the moment a input device will be created for each registered button,
not sure if this is the desired situation, but thats why this is a RFC patch. ;)

I am also not sure where to place this driver so at the moment I have placed
it in /drivers/input/misc

The second patch is an example of the implementation in rt2x00.
That is just an example since that already contained a similar approach with
hardware button support.

All hints/tips/comments are welcome. :)

Ivo