Subject: [PATCH 2.6.17-rc5] pcnet32: remove incorrect pcnet32_free_ring

From: Don Fry <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 16:22:40 -0700

During a code scan for another change I discovered that this call to
pcnet32_free_ring must be removed.  If the open fails due to a lack of
memory all the ring structures are removed via the call to free_ring
and a subsequent call to open will dereference a null pointer in
pcnet32_init_ring.

Please apply to 2.6.17.

Signed-off-by:  Don Fry <[email-masked]>

--- linux-2.6.17-rc5/drivers/net/orig.pcnet32.c	2006-05-25 15:59:12.000000000 -0700
+++ linux-2.6.17-rc5/drivers/net/pcnet32.c	2006-05-25 16:09:40.000000000 -0700
@@ -1774,8 +1774,6 @@ static int pcnet32_open(struct net_devic
 		lp->rx_dma_addr[i] = 0;
 	}
 
-	pcnet32_free_ring(dev);
-
 	/*
 	 * Switch back to 16bit mode to avoid problems with dumb
 	 * DOS packet driver after a warm reboot

-- 
Don Fry
[email-masked]