Subject: Re: [PATCH 2.6.17-rc6] Remove Prism II support from Orinoco

From: Faidon Liambotis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 01:49:54 +0300

On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 06:40:54PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> Ah-ha, I had tested the wrong card.
> I also have a Sitecom card, which matches this ident you remove in your patch..
> 
> PCMCIA_DEVICE_MANF_CARD(0xd601, 0x0002), /* Safeway 802.11b, ZCOMAX AirRunner/XI-300 */
> 
<snip>
> 
> So with your patch, this card will become totally useless to me.
I think you should forward this bug to the HostAP maintainer. This
should be either be fixed in the driver or the driver should stop
claiming that it supports this card.

I merely found the duplicate IDs and removed them from Orinoco. I don't
have neither the hardware or the time to test 30+ cards...

Having two drivers supporting the same set of hardware seems pretty
pointless to me. Plus, it confuses hotplugging/automatic detection.

Regards,
Faidon