Subject: [PATCH 01/21] e1000: fix loopback ethtool test

From: "Kok, Auke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 22:20:07 -0700

Ethtool was reporting that loopback failed randomly on esb2
systems. Upon study it was found that the phy manual was changed
with respect to the loopback mode bits. The new value fixes it.

Signed-off-by: Jesse Brandeburg <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Auke Kok <[email-masked]>
---

 drivers/net/e1000/e1000_ethtool.c |    2 +-
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_ethtool.c b/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_ethtool.c
index 6ed7f59..845d293 100644
--- a/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_ethtool.c
+++ b/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_ethtool.c
@@ -1246,7 +1246,7 @@ e1000_integrated_phy_loopback(struct e10
 	} else if (adapter->hw.phy_type == e1000_phy_gg82563) {
 		e1000_write_phy_reg(&adapter->hw,
 		                    GG82563_PHY_KMRN_MODE_CTRL,
-		                    0x1CE);
+		                    0x1CC);
 	}
 	/* force 1000, set loopback */
 	e1000_write_phy_reg(&adapter->hw, PHY_CTRL, 0x4140);

--
Auke Kok <[email-masked]>