Subject: Please pull 'zd1211rw' branch of wireless-2.6 (new driver)

From: "John W. Linville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:36:18 -0400

For easier review, a tarball of drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw is available here:

	http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/linville/zd1211rw.tar.gz

>>From Daniel's initial zd1211rw changelog:

    [PATCH] ZyDAS ZD1211 USB-WLAN driver

    There are 60+ USB wifi adapters available on the market based on the ZyDAS
    ZD1211 chip.

    Unlike the predecessor (ZD1201), ZD1211 does not have a hardware MAC, so most
    data operations are coordinated by the device driver. The ZD1211 chip sits
    alongside an RF transceiver which is also controlled by the driver. Our driver
    currently supports 2 RF types, we know of one other available in a few marketed
    products which we will be supporting soon.

    Our driver also supports the newer revision of ZD1211, called ZD1211B. The
    initialization and RF operations are slightly different for the new revision,
    but the main difference is 802.11e support. Our driver does not support the
    QoS features yet, but we think we know how to use them.

    This driver is based on ZyDAS's own GPL driver available from www.zydas.com.tw.
    ZyDAS engineers have been responsive and supportive of our efforts, so thumbs
    up to them. Additionally, the firmware is redistributable and they have
    provided device specs.

    This driver has been written primarily by Ulrich Kunitz and myself. Graham
    Gower, Greg KH, Remco and Bryan Rittmeyer have also contributed. The
    developers of ieee80211 and softmac have made our lives so much easier- thanks

    We maintain a small info-page: http://zd1211.ath.cx/wiki/DriverRewrite

    If there is enough time for review, we would like to aim for inclusion in
    2.6.18. The driver works nicely as a STA, and can connect to both open and
    encrypted networks (we are using software-based encryption for now). We will
    work towards supporting more advanced features in the future (ad-hoc, master
    mode, 802.11a, ...).

Please review!

Thanks,

John

---

The following changes since commit 70a332b048e4d90635dfa47fc5d91cf87b5cc3a5:
  John W. Linville:
        softmac: fix build-break from 881ee6999d66c8fc903b429b73bbe6045b38c549

are found in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-2.6.git zd1211rw

Daniel Drake:
      ZyDAS ZD1211 USB-WLAN driver
      zd1211rw: disable TX queue during stop

 drivers/net/wireless/Kconfig                 |    1 
 drivers/net/wireless/Makefile                |    1 
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/Kconfig        |   19 
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/Makefile       |   11 
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_chip.c      | 1615 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_chip.h      |  825 +++++++++++++
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_def.h       |   48 +
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_ieee80211.c |  191 +++
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_ieee80211.h |   85 +
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_mac.c       | 1057 +++++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_mac.h       |  190 +++
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_netdev.c    |  267 ++++
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_netdev.h    |   45 +
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_rf.c        |  151 ++
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_rf.h        |   82 +
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_rf_al2230.c |  308 +++++
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_rf_rf2959.c |  279 ++++
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_types.h     |   71 +
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_usb.c       | 1316 +++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_usb.h       |  240 ++++
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_util.c      |   82 +
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_util.h      |   29 
 22 files changed, 6913 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/Kconfig
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/Makefile
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_chip.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_chip.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_def.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_ieee80211.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_ieee80211.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_mac.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_mac.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_netdev.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_netdev.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_rf.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_rf.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_rf_al2230.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_rf_rf2959.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_types.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_usb.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_usb.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_util.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_util.h

Full (history-free) patch attached as zd1211rw.patch.bz2
-- 
John W. Linville
[email-masked]