Subject: 2.6.17.1: fails to fully get webpage

From: CaT <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:59:15 +1000

I had recently upgraded to 2.6.17.1 and tried to go to

http://submit.spam.acma.gov.au/acma_submit.cgi?lang=EN

to report an australian spammer. Unfortunately the loading of the
webpage cuts out at 5472 bytes. I can repeat this each and every time
under 2.6.17.1 with

( echo 'get /acma_submit.cgi?lang=EN http/1.1'; echo 'Host: submit.spam.acma.gov.au'; echo ) | nc submit.spam.acma.gov.au 80

Under 2.6.16.18 the site works without problems.

Now I found a thread about tcp window scaling affecting the loading of
some sites but I fail to load the above site with
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_adv_win_scale set to 6 and 2 under 2.6.17.1
whilst it works just fine with the /proc entry set to either 7, 6 or 2
under 2.6.16.18.

I have attached a tcpdump of the transaction under 2.6.17.1 and a copy
of the networking section of the .config. If there's any more info
required I'll do my best to grab it.

-- 
    "To the extent that we overreact, we proffer the terrorists the
    greatest tribute."
    	- High Court Judge Michael Kirby