Subject: Re: 2.6.17.1: fails to fully get webpage

From: CaT <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:09:23 +1000

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 07:46:27PM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: CaT <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:59:15 +1000
> 
> > Now I found a thread about tcp window scaling affecting the loading of
> > some sites but I fail to load the above site with
> > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_adv_win_scale set to 6 and 2 under 2.6.17.1
> > whilst it works just fine with the /proc entry set to either 7, 6 or 2
> > under 2.6.16.18.
> 
> You must have misread those threads.  To work around the problem,
> you don't modify tcp_adv_win_scale, instead what you do is set
> tcp_window_scaling to 0.

Yup. Must've. Just tried it now and setting tcp_window_scaling to 0
makes the site load. Sorry about that. Looks like I'll have to remember
to make sure that gets set to zero on any servers I wind up having to
upgrade to 2.6.17 and beyond.

Bugger. :/

-- 
    "To the extent that we overreact, we proffer the terrorists the
    greatest tribute."
    	- High Court Judge Michael Kirby