Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] correct dev_alloc_skb kerneldoc

From: Samuel Ortiz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:27:27 +0300

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 10:36:16PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
>  - net/irda/*:
>    	They allocate the skb in protocol code for TX.  Should probably
> 	do a normal alloc_skb like all the other protocol code.
Agreed. I will come up with a patch replacing all the useless dev_alloc_skb()
calls from the IrDA stack.

> The patchkit for this is at http://verein.lst.de/~hch/patches.skb.tgz, it
> includes the first two cleanup patches I posted previously (Any plans
> to put them in?), a patch to move __dev_alloc_skb out of line because
> otherwise we'd need to include netdevice.h in skbuff.h which creates
> lots of problems (and moving it out of lines shaves 10kb off a
> allyesconfig), the dev_alloc_skb prototype changes and some experimental
> patches to make dev_alloc_skb nodeaware.
In those patches you change dev_alloc_skb prototype, but then the new netdev
argument is not used by __dev_alloc_skb() to allocate the sk_buff on the
correct node. Do you plan to introduce an alloc_skb_node() later or am I 
missing something ? 

Cheers,
Samuel.