Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/7] NetLabel: CIPSOv4 engine

From: Paul Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 11:03:48 -0400

On Friday 14 July 2006 10:18 pm, James Morris wrote:
>
> If you're in a permanent cleanup phase, why bother clearing all of these
> global variables and using temporary pointers?
>
> Why not just simply free each entry?  The way this is coded makes it seem
> like you're unsure about the safety of the code.
>
> e.g. what could it possibly matter at this stage whether cipso_v4_cache is
> NULL or not?
>
> I think I asked this some time ago: what are the lifetime rules for this
> code as a loadable module?  What if you arbitrarily rmmod it?
>

The answer to all of your comments in this email is that these appear to be 
fragments from earlier thoughts about trying to make this code a loadable 
module.  Upon further reflection I realized that it probably doesn't make 
much sense to have this code as a module for much of the same reason that 
SELinux isn't setup as a loadable module.

As you have progressed through the patchset I'm sure you've realized by now 
this code is not intended to function as a module.  I'll clean these 
leftovers up for the next version of the patchset.

-- 
paul moore
linux security @ hp