Subject: Re: async network I/O, event channels, etc

From: Jens Axboe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:39:16 +0200

On Thu, Jul 27 2006, David Miller wrote:
> From: Jens Axboe <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:29:24 +0200
> 
> > Precisely. And this is the bit that is currently still broken for
> > splice-to-socket, since it gives that ack right after ->sendpage() has
> > been called. But that's a known deficiency right now, I think Alexey is
> > currently looking at that (as well as receive side support).
> 
> That's right, I was discussing this with him just a few days ago.
> 
> It's good to hear that he's looking at those patches you were working
> on several months ago.

It is. I never ventured much into the networking part, just noted that
as a current limitation with the ->sendpage() based approach. Basically
we need to pass more info in, which also gets rid of the limitation of
passing a single page at the time.

-- 
Jens Axboe