Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/5] d80211: Switch d80211 to IEEE80211_ style names

From: "Jouni Malinen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 12:20:40 -0700

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 09:16:59PM +0200, Jiri Benc wrote:
> From: Michael Wu <[email-masked]>
> This patch switches the WLAN_ definitions in d80211.h to IEEE80211_ style
> definitions found in ieee80211.h. It also switches to MAC_ARG and MAC_FMT.

This kind of change is more than just search-and-replace since frame
type and subtype macros were using different style (not shifted left in
WLAN_FC_{TYPE,STYPE}_* and shifted left in IEEE80211_{FTYPE,STYPE}_*.
Some of these seemed to be caught in the patch, but not all. At least
the following changes look incorrect. I'm not sure whether this is a
complete list of issues, though, so going through all IEEE80211_STYPE_*
and IEEE80211_FTYPE_* cases again could be a worthwhile exercise.

ieee80211.c:
-		if (WLAN_FC_GET_STYPE(fc) & 0x08)
+		if ((fc & IEEE80211_FCTL_STYPE) == IEEE80211_STYPE_QOS_DATA)
  (this is supposed to catch all QoS frames, not just QoS data subtype) 

ieee80211.c:
-			fc |= WLAN_FC_STYPE_QOS_DATA << 4;
+			fc |= IEEE80211_STYPE_QOS_DATA << 4;

ieee80211.c:
-			fc &= ~(WLAN_FC_STYPE_QOS_DATA << 4);
+			fc &= ~(IEEE80211_STYPE_QOS_DATA << 4);

wme.c:
-	qos = fc & (WLAN_FC_STYPE_QOS_DATA << 4);
+	qos = fc & (IEEE80211_STYPE_QOS_DATA << 4);

-- 
Jouni Malinen                                            PGP id EFC895FA