Subject: Re: [PATCH wireless-dev] d80211: Switch d80211_mgmt.h to ieee80211.h style definitions

From: "Jouni Malinen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 10:20:50 -0700

On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 01:45:33AM -0700, Michael Wu wrote:
> d80211: Switch d80211_mgmt.h to ieee80211.h style definitions
> 
> This patch switches a number of defines in d80211_mgmt.h to enums taken from 
> ieee80211.h and makes the corresponding changes in net/d80211.

>  include/net/d80211_mgmt.h  |  153 
>  net/d80211/ieee80211.c     |    2 -
>  net/d80211/ieee80211_sta.c |   50 +++++++-------

Is this really needed? Based on the changes here, these are mostly used
internally in net/d80211/ieee80211_sta.c and not in other parts of the
tree. In addition, I would actually like to see ieee80211_sta.c be made
mostly obsolete with a user space implementation of client MLME (e.g.,
the one in wpa_supplicant which is based on this ieee80211_sta.c file).

Changing WLAN_STATUS_* and WLAN_REASON_* to be enum's while keeping
their old names is fine. However, I would rather not change the names of
the information element IDs (WLAN_EID_*) into MFIE_TYPE_*. What is that
'MFIE' anyway? Management Frame IE? These IEs are not limited to
management frames..

In other words, I would skip all the changes into ieee80211_sta.c and
would only change d80211_mgmt.h to use enum's with old names.

-- 
Jouni Malinen                                            PGP id EFC895FA