Subject: Re: 3945 driver using d80211

From: "Jouni Malinen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 08:49:58 -0700

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 05:06:31PM -0700, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 02:27:37PM -0700, Mohamed Abbas wrote:
> 
> > 1- I needed to use sta_info_get function to do rate scaling for 3945, 
> > although this function is exported but it was missing from d80211.h, for 
> > work around I had to copy more header files to my driver's directory, It 
> > this plan to add this function to d80211.h ?
> 
> sta_info_get() (and well, any access to struct sta_info) was not
> designed to be available for the rate control modules. Could you please
> provide some more details on what kind of information you would need
> from there?

Actually, that was not correct.. What I should have said is that
sta_info was not supposed to be available for low-level drivers. If the
rate control algorithm is tightly coupled with the driver, some cleanup
would likely be needed here.

-- 
Jouni Malinen                                            PGP id EFC895FA