Subject: [PATCH 15/26] e100: reduce time under spinlock

From: "Kok, Auke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:44:48 -0700

We're waiting for a write flush to finish before unlocking, which
is not needed. Release the spinlock after the write command.

Signed-off-by: Auke Kok <[email-masked]>
---

 drivers/net/e100.c |    4 ++--
 1 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/e100.c b/drivers/net/e100.c
index e12cc68..eb467f8 100644
--- a/drivers/net/e100.c
+++ b/drivers/net/e100.c
@@ -597,8 +597,8 @@ static void e100_enable_irq(struct nic *
 
 	spin_lock_irqsave(&nic->cmd_lock, flags);
 	writeb(irq_mask_none, &nic->csr->scb.cmd_hi);
-	e100_write_flush(nic);
 	spin_unlock_irqrestore(&nic->cmd_lock, flags);
+	e100_write_flush(nic);
 }
 
 static void e100_disable_irq(struct nic *nic)
@@ -607,8 +607,8 @@ static void e100_disable_irq(struct nic 
 
 	spin_lock_irqsave(&nic->cmd_lock, flags);
 	writeb(irq_mask_all, &nic->csr->scb.cmd_hi);
-	e100_write_flush(nic);
 	spin_unlock_irqrestore(&nic->cmd_lock, flags);
+	e100_write_flush(nic);
 }
 
 static void e100_hw_reset(struct nic *nic)

---
Auke Kok <[email-masked]>