Subject: Re: [patch 5/5] d80211: add ioctl to stop data frame tx

From: "Jouni Malinen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:39:47 -0700

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 07:45:23AM -0400, John W. Linville wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 09:30:57AM +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:

> > I think that would warrant a new netlink multicast group and doing over
> > nl80211 to start with ;) Inserting fake management frames into the mgt
> > interface sounds pretty weird to me.
> 
> I concur -- inserting frames is a neat hack, but not the preferred
> way for the long haul.

What would be the preferred way of doing the conversion here? I think I
would prefer to get the radar detection code in as-is and then move all
the messages to use a new mechanism as one change once that mechanism
becomes available.

hostapd connection uses number of these frames which are actually not
fake management frames, but just frames with different "pseudo header"
on the management interface. You can search for ieee80211_msg_ types to
see the different types of status messages that are used.

-- 
Jouni Malinen                                            PGP id EFC895FA