Subject: Re: [PATCH 2.6.18] WE-21 support (core API)

From: Jouni Malinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 06:51:13 -0700

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 03:32:18PM +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 17:56 -0700, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
> > 		o modulation
> > 		o long/short retry
> > 		o relative power saving.

> What's the point of adding more ioctls that we'll be implementing them
> as wrappers around nl80211? Right now, those new ioctls/options aren't
> implemented in *any* driver at all so they're completely useless, and
> just add more to the pile of historic baggage we end up carrying around.
> If we add these to mainline now, it's another thing we'll have to carry
> for a long time even though it currently has no users...

I don't know about the others, but long/short retry limits have users
(e.g., Host AP driver) and these drivers are currently forced to use a
hack to do this without this cleanup. Furthermore, this part does not
add a new ioctl.

-- 
Jouni Malinen                                            PGP id EFC895FA