Subject: Re: TCP Pacing

From: Daniele Lacamera <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:18:39 +0200

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 23:26, Ian McDonald wrote:
> Where is the published research? If you are going to mention research
> you need URLs to papers and please put this in source code too so
> people can check.

I added the main reference to the code. I am going to give you all the 
pointers on this research, mainly recent congestion control proposals 
that include pacing.

> I agree with Arnaldo's comments and also would add I don't like having
> to select 1000 as HZ unit. Something is wrong if you need this as I
> can run higher resolution timers without having to do this....

I removed that select in Kconfig, I agree it doesn't make sense at all, 
for portability. However, pacing works with 1ms resolution, so maybe 
a "depends HZ_1000" is still required. (How do you run 1ms timers with 
HZ!=1000?)

Thanks

-- 
Daniele Lacamera
[email-masked]