Subject: Re: [PATCH] natsemi: Messages being noisy

From: Ingo Oeser <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:39:08 +0200

Hi there,

Ingo Oeser wrote:
> I  get the following message when trying to transfer big files 
> (via FTP or SCP) since Linux 2.6.16.27. It didn't happen with Linux 2.6.13.4.
> 
> [702238.242237] eth1: increased tx threshold, txcfg 0xd0f01008.
> [702238.242649] eth1: increased tx threshold, txcfg 0xd0f0100a.
> 
> What about putting this message at the message level "DEBUG"
> or even under pr_debug()?

Now I even know, that this happens together with a small disruption 
of traffic, which makes applications hang for a second or less.

Is it possible to have the maximum value right from the start?
May I tune it somewhere to be the maximum from the start?

Would you accept patches for this?

Regards

Ingo Oeser