Subject: Re: Please pull bcm43xx-d80211 bugfixes and new features

From: Martin Langer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 17:12:40 +0200

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 04:48:04PM +0200, Michael Buesch wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 October 2006 16:36, Larry Finger wrote:
> > Michael Buesch wrote:
> > >> kernel: bcm43xx_d80211: firmware revision FE84, patchlevel 90B4, date 2000-14-248
> > >>   29:46:18
> > > 
> > > Uhm, which firmware are you running?
> > 
> > The softmac version reports the following (The "loaded" messages are something I'm trying.):
> > 
> > kernel: bcm43xx: Firmware: Microcode "bcm43xx_microcode4.fw" loaded.
> > kernel: bcm43xx: Firmware: PCM "bcm43xx_pcm4.fw" loaded.
> > kernel: bcm43xx: Firmware: InitVals0 "bcm43xx_initval01.fw" loaded.
> > kernel: bcm43xx: Microcode rev 0x123, pl 0x21 (2005-01-22  19:48:06)
> 
> Well, so now you know where the problem is.
> I can't debug this for you ;)

You have to wait some time to get correct values. That was the reason 
why I placed version reading originally after bcm43xx_initialize_irq(), 
because I got strange values if I read the version directly after the 
upload.

Martin