Subject: Re: [PATCH] bcm43xx: Drain TX status before starting IRQs

From: "Jouni Malinen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 08:56:27 -0800

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 09:45:46AM +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 23:46 -0600, Larry Finger wrote:
> > Has anyone used this patch, particularly with WPA encryption? When I try it, wpa_supplicant 
> > immediately uses 90+% of the cpu and never actually authenticates with my AP. I wonder if it is 
> > something with my system.

What does wpa_supplicant do here? Have you looked at the debug log? Is
it in some kind of busy loop doing something?

> Unless wpa supplicant is stupid [1] this cannot cause it any problems.
> 
> johannes
> 
> [1] by that, I mean sending out frames, turning off and on the
> interface, and then hoping to get a transmit status for frames sent
> before off/on cycle.

wpa_supplicant does not receive or query TX status (at least yet; in the
user space MLME case this is likely to change at some point).

-- 
Jouni Malinen                                            PGP id EFC895FA