Subject: Re: bcm43xx-d80211 broadcast reception with WPA

From: Paul TBBle Hampson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 01:40:40 +1100

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 01:29:59AM +1100, Paul TBBle Hampson wrote:
> Just to summarise results so far:

> (Current version)
> bcm43xx-d80211 w/v3 firmware and TKIP: Garbled broadcast RX
> bcm43xx-d80211 w/v4 firmware and TKIP: Garbled broadcast RX
> bcm43xx-d80211 w/v4 firmware and WEP-104: Correct broadcast RX

> (version from wireless-dev before October 23rd, unsure of exact date)
> bcm43xx (softmac) w/v3 firmware and TKIP: Correct broadcast RX

> Still to test: bcm43xx-d80211 w/v3 firmware and WEP-104

bcm43xx-d80211 w/v3 firmware and WEP-104: Garbled _everything_ RX
Of course, that's to be expected. WEP only uses broadcast keys, and
we knew they were failing in software mode.

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------
Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
On-hiatus Asian Studies student, ANU
The Boss, Bubblesworth Pty Ltd (ABN: 51 095 284 361)
[email-masked]

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/
-----------------------------------------------------------