Subject: Re: [NETLINK]: Restore API compatibility of address and neighbour bits

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 16:52:06 -0500

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 01:47:52PM -0800, David Miller wrote:
> > > > The _RTA and _PAYLOAD-macros are also part of userspace headers and need to be
> > > > restored. Both dhcpclient and quagga need at least IFA_RTA and IFLA_RTA to
> > > > compile, but there may be more macros than in the following patch. You may want
> > > > to look at keepalived, iproute, ...

> GLIBC does not use them.

Aren't these the ones you're talking about?

sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/check_pf.c:                   struct rtattr *rta = IFA_RTA (ifam);
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/if_index.c:           struct rtattr *rta = IFLA_RTA (ifim);
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/ifaddrs.c:            struct rtattr *rta = IFLA_RTA (ifim);
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/ifaddrs.c:            struct rtattr *rta = IFLA_RTA (ifim);
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/ifaddrs.c:            struct rtattr *rta = IFA_RTA (ifam);

sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/if_index.c:           size_t rtasize = IFLA_PAYLOAD (nlh);
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/if_index.c:               size_t rta_payload = RTA_PAYLOAD (rta);
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/ifaddrs.c:            size_t rtasize = IFLA_PAYLOAD (nlh);
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/ifaddrs.c:                size_t rta_payload = RTA_PAYLOAD (rta);
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/ifaddrs.c:            size_t rtasize = IFLA_PAYLOAD (nlh);
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/ifaddrs.c:                size_t rta_payload = RTA_PAYLOAD (rta);
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/ifaddrs.c:            size_t rtasize = IFA_PAYLOAD (nlh);
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/ifaddrs.c:                size_t rta_payload = RTA_PAYLOAD (rta);

-- 
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery