Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] d80211, rt2x00: fixes

From: Ivo van Doorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:56:57 +0100

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 18:38, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 12:12 -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 06:00:35PM +0100, Jiri Benc wrote:
> > > John, in addition to the previous pull request, please also apply the
> > > following two fixes.
> > 
> > What is the state of the rx2x00 driver by now?  I have been playing
> > around with an rt2500 based card, with some success but not enough for
> > me to switch over from wired ethernet yet on my machine.  I used to get
> > lots of hard lockups, but with the latest cvs snapshot in debian's
> > rt2x00-source package, it no longer seems to lockup.  It also now works
> > with WPA without using wpa_supplicant (Yay!  Good work.), it does
> 
> How, by private ioctls?  That's just wrong; I believe you still need to
> go through the 4-way handshake to get the right keying information even
> if you use PSK, which means you still need the supplicant, right?

rt2x00 completely uses the dscape stack, so I am not sure how he is
managing this wpa without wpa_supplicant with rt2x00.
Lennart, are you using rt2x00 or the legacy rt2500 driver?

> > however very frequently pause the transfer, and then after a while (20
> > or 30 seconds probably) it will start moving data again and my transfer
> > will continue.  Is this considered normal for now?  My card happens to
> > be a linksys WMP54G version 4.0.  At least pauses beat crashes.  It's
> > going the right way for a work in progress.
> > 
> > I guess I should go read the bug tracking system and try out newer cvs
> > versions. :)

Ivo