Subject: Re: [PATCH] p54: Fix compilation for d80211 hwmode API change

From: Michael Buesch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 23:37:41 +0100

On Friday 15 December 2006 22:38, Michael Wu wrote:
> On Friday 15 December 2006 14:45, Michael Buesch wrote:
> > This fixes compilation for the d80211 hwmode API change.
> >
> > Signed-off-by: Michael Buesch <[email-masked]>
> >
> We can't specify modes before device registration now? There would be less 
> duplicated code here if we could.

Well, actually, rt2x00 driver called update_hw before
register_hw (which is not required, but it did it).
So I think we can also call register_hwmode before
register_hw now, as register_hwmode basically does
nothing more than update_hw.

So, I think it should also work, if you call register_hwmode
before register_hw. Jiri?

-- 
Greetings Michael.