Subject: Re: [take32 0/10] kevent: Generic event handling mechanism.

From: Evgeniy Polyakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:30:52 +0300

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 06:11:26AM -0500, Jeff Garzik ([email-masked]) wrote:
> Once the rate of change slows, Andrew should IMO definitely pick this up.

There are _tons_ of ideas to implement with kevent - so if we want, rate
will not slow down. As you can see, from take26 I only send new
features: signals, posix timers, AIO, userspace notifications, various
flags and the like. I test it on my machines (recently one them died, so
only amd64 right now (running kernel) and i386 compile-only)
and some bug-fixes withoout any additioanl feature requests (almost,
Ingo asked for AIO before New Year), but broader testing is welcome
indeed.

> If you wanted to make this process automatic, create a git branch that 
> Andrew and others can pull.

Exported git tree would be good, but I do not have enough disk space on
web-site, and do you really want to read comments written in bad english
with russian transliterated indecent words?

> I like the direction so far, and think it should be in -mm for wider 
> testing and review.

It was there, but Andrew dropped it somewhere about take25 :)

> 	Jeff

-- 
	Evgeniy Polyakov