Subject: [PATCH 6/8] e1000: clear ip csum info from context descriptor

From: "Kok, Auke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 16:37:51 -0800

Since the driver sets the IP checksum insertion bit (IXSM in Status
field) in transmit context descriptors, it should clear the IP checksum
bits of any garbage so as not to confuse the hardware.

Signed-off-by: Bruce Allan <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Auke Kok <[email-masked]>
---

 drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c |    3 ++-
 1 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c b/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c
index 43dde27..8c6c74d 100644
--- a/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c
+++ b/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c
@@ -2975,8 +2975,9 @@ e1000_tx_csum(struct e1000_adapter *adapter, struct e1000_tx_ring *tx_ring,
 		buffer_info = &tx_ring->buffer_info[i];
 		context_desc = E1000_CONTEXT_DESC(*tx_ring, i);
 
+		context_desc->lower_setup.ip_config = 0;
 		context_desc->upper_setup.tcp_fields.tucss = css;
-		context_desc->upper_setup.tcp_fields.tucso = css + skb->csum_offset;
+		context_desc->upper_setup.tcp_fields.tucso = css + skb->csum;
 		context_desc->upper_setup.tcp_fields.tucse = 0;
 		context_desc->tcp_seg_setup.data = 0;
 		context_desc->cmd_and_length = cpu_to_le32(E1000_TXD_CMD_DEXT);

---
Auke Kok <[email-masked]>