Subject: Re: [PATCH] cxgb3 - convert to user struct device instead of class_device

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 13:19:11 -0800

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 12:41:28PM -0800, Roland Dreier wrote:
> Commit 43cb76d9 ("Network: convert network devices to use struct
> device instead of class_device") breaks the just-merged cxgb3 driver,
> since the code that was merged predates the change and was not in the
> tree when Greg made the change.
> 
> This patch fixes cxgb3 to build with the change.  It also removes the
> private to_net_dev() macro and changes the use of bare netdev->priv in
> favor of netdev_priv(netdev) in the sysfs attribute functions.
> 
> I tested this on my system which has cxgb3 hardware, and it looks like
> all the sysfs files are created correctly and contain sane-looking
> values, although I don't actually know how to test that every
> attribute is working as it should.

If it compiles with no warnings, it should be safe.

> Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <[email-masked]>

Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

But I think Jeff already has a patch in the queue that makes this very
change :)

thanks,

greg k-h