Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] d80211 based driver for Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

From: "John W. Linville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 11:39:34 -0500

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 11:22:54AM -0500, Theodore Tso wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 01:12:42PM -0800, James Ketrenos wrote:
> > Please hold all questions until I am done with this email.  Thank you.
> > 
> > We are pleased to announce the availability of a new driver for the 
> > Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection adapter.  This new driver 
> > uses the new d80211 subsystem previously only available as part of the 
> > wireless-dev tree.
> 
> Very cool!  Is it likely that d80211 and iwlwifi will be pushed into
> mainline in time for 2.6.21?

Hmmm...I think we need to spend a cycle or so in -mm.  2.6.22 seems
more likely for mainline.

John
-- 
John W. Linville
[email-masked]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier.
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642